Monday, May 08, 2006

Uber-Keyboard

I recently purchased the Logitech G15 keyboard and I have found it to be excellent in every way.
The G15 has a ton of features that make it the best keyboard on the market. The best feature for me is the backlit keyboard. I keep my keyboard under a monitor riser and it normally stays in the shadows. The backlit keys make it easy to see even in a completely dark room.

At the top of the G15 is a folding LCD panel that displays time and date, a now playing list for iTunes or Windows Media Player, a system resource display, and information in special games and applications.

The left side of the keyboard has 6 rows of 3 programmable "G keys", similar to the F keys at the top. Each of these keys can be programmed with single keystrokes, macros, application shortcuts and more. There are three G key modes, for a total of 54 possible functions, and a macro recorder button that starts an easy to use wizard.

The keyboard also includes media control keys with volume and mute, two built in USB ports with cord grooves, and a switch for gaming mode that turns off the Windows key.

I can't say enough good things about this keyboard. It is well worth the $100 list price, and you can easily find it for $80 at Best Buy or Froogle. It has been so useful to me that it has replaced my Belkin Nostromo n52 gamepad. No serious gamer or programmer should be without one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home